Socialight - http://socialight.com
Based in NYC, the Socialight platform attaches multimedia content and local social networks to real-world places through virtual notes (like sticky notes). We've done this for customers like Travel Channel and Ford Motors.
Socialight creates mobile technology that connects people intuitively to the spaces and places around them. In our increasingly globalized world, we zero in on the hyperlocal level to help customers big and small develop useful, fun, social, and profitable applications.
Socialight's mission is to build and strengthen communities by providing people with local media that's trusted and relevant.
We develop and provide a local content and community platform that attaches multimedia content and local social interaction to real-world places. Location-based content is added by individuals or professionals and shared socially. People consume and create content with location-aware mobile, web, and other applications that access the platform via Socialight's API.
Our applications provide core content and social communication, along with advertising and opportunities for commercial transactions based on user interests, social networks, and locations.
These will be shown on the front page of our new website, to be at http://socialight.com
* People working for potential customer organizations (see requirements for customer types) who are researching mobile solutions for their organizations.
* Specifically, business development, marketing, and digital staff at customer organizations.
* These are professionals who are web media-savvy, or at least consider themselves to be.
* They're brand-conscious.
* 11 buttons, 1 for each "Customer Type" (see below).
* Shown next to the text, "We cater to an array of customers." (these will indicate the customer types)
* Need 50x50 and 100x100 pixel sizes.
* Each as PSD (Photoshop) or AI (Illustrator) file.
* Easy to recognize images; no text.
* Lozenge-like feel to the buttons. Tasty!
* Easy comprehension (what does the icon show) from the audience on a quick glance.
* Simplicity over complexity in images.
* All 10 don't need to be the same exact style, but they will be shown next to each other so should look good together and as if they were created to be part of the same set.
* Should look good when shown in black-and-white.
* If you feel strongly about it, you may stray from the suggested images specified below.
* See row at the bottom of http://mobileroadie.com/ for something similar.
Customer Types - and suggested image:
1. Hotels & Tourism - suitcase, concierge bell
2. City Guide - street signs, tourist guidebook
3. Local Media - newspaper or something indicating it's "local"
4. Government - capitol-looking building
5. History - classical looking building (columned), or the Roman coliseum
6. Outdoor Sports - ski, snowboard, hike, bike
7. Nature - bird or tree
8. Art - outdoor sculpture or graffiti (keep in mind we're thinking outdoor art)
9. Education - mortar board or blackboard
10. Your Idea - light bulb
11. Local Community - group of people of all different colors