We're trying something different. We're not sure if anything like this has every been done before on 99designs. We need 64x64 pixel spaceship sprites for a video game, and since you can never have too many spaceships we're offering $5 to the top 50 designs.
Because of we want as many spaceships as possible (I repeat, you can never have too many), we're doing something different. Rather than offering a large prize to a single winning design, we're offering lots of little prizes to just about anyone that enters.The top 50 pieces of art will all get $5. If only 40 pieces are entered then everyone will win. We need both "good guy" spaceships and "enemy" spaceships. Think of the old Defender Arcade game or R-Type
In other words we want space-ships for a horizontal side-scroller... All drawings need to be a of the spaceship as viewed from the side.
Here's an example: Good Guy Sprite
Here's an example: Enemy Sprite
Use the examples as a quality guideline but don't feel constrained by the style. We want to see your style, we want to see spaceships you think look awesome.
This is an experiment. We'd love to do it again, but that's going to depend in large part on how the response is for this one. So enter early and enter often!
Special note: Let's be honest, this is more about having fun and doing something cool, than making a big chunk of money. So have fun! Go crazy! Take all those spaceships you used to doodle in the margins of your notebook when you were in elementary and submit them!
- It needs to be full color. No black and white submissions. It needs to be something you would be proud to see in a game you're playing.
- Final format needs to be .png with "alpha transparency" enabled. (Or something that can be easily converted into that.)
- It needs to be at least 64x64. You can go bigger, but you don't need to, so don't waste any time unnecessarily.
- If anything we're looking for slightly more "enemies" than "good guys" so if you're worried about making the top 50, look at which category is under served, and do that.
- For ease of judging, please only submit one design per entry.
- We don't want anyone to enter who's not going to have fun. :)