St. Matthew Lutheran Church
This design is for St. Matthew Lutheran Church, a Christian church congregation that seeks to reach all age groups. We are seeking a more post-modern look to our logos and designs, nothing too traditional, but also nothing too far out on the bleeding edge.
The audience for this project is very broad (everything from teens through seniors), however to give some focus, an age range of 25-35 is a primary target of the look and feel.
Note: be sure the final product can be delivered in vector format (.ai or .eps)
This is a "Garden Themed" design that should consist of 4 smaller icons which combine into a larger design with a central image. The components will be broken out and used separately, so they need to stand on their own as well as in combination.
Please see the attached file (at the bottom of this page) as a general guide to what we're looking for. However, don't feel hamstrung by this layout...do what you feel works for combining the separate icons into a functional whole.
The elements are 4 things that make plants grow combined with a lush, lively, fruit-bearing tree. Each element icon is defined below:
1. A "soil" icon. This is the 'food', nutrients, and soil in which a plant grows. You may want to use plant roots, or other soil oriented imagery.
2. A "water" or "rain" icon. This is the water that helps a plant grow in the form of rain or other water.
3. An "Air" or "wind" icon. The idea is that a plant takes in carbon dioxide, or 'air' as a source of fuel.
4. A "sun" icon. This one is pretty straight forward...sun gives the light to cause growth.
5. Finally, all of these are wrapped around a LUSH and VIBRANT tree icon. The tree should contain FRUIT as well and be the center of the design.