We are a small software consulting company located in Switzerland and are currently developing a customized database application for a small Swiss insurance company.
The application is a multi window application, which means that inside its main window it's possible to run several business-specific applications in their very own windows.
The database itself is bitemporal. It will be possible to store time dependant data records to represent both the history of the facts and the history of changes to the records in the database.
There will be 18 business-specific applications. The employees of the insurance company will work with them every day. Each application should be represented by a significant and intuitive icon.
- Administration of partners
- Organizational chart
- To-Do and Notes
- Code tables
- Structuring of insurance products
- Insurance premium calculator
- Management of contracts
- Accounting of contracts
- Accounting of policies
- Collection & Disbursement
- Processing of claims
- Data hub
- Batch manager
- Management of refunds
- History/Time machine
See the attached PDF for a short description of each application.
We also provide you with some screenshots of our application, so you can get an idea of the look & feel of the GUI and where the icons are placed. One of the screenshots includes some explanatory notes.
1. Each icon should be available as PNG images in both 32x32 and 16x16 pixels.
The 32x32 icons will be represented in a toolbar at the top of the main window in order to start an application. The 16x16 icons will be located top left in the window frame of each running application as well as in the taskbar, indicating which applications are currently running.
2. We are interested in a set of clean and simple pictograms with a reasonable background color. The art of Zen - no fancy 3-D effects!
3. In case you come across of currency symbols at some point, remember that there is no dollar or euro in Switzerland.
4. Since the language of the application will be German, French, or Italian, avoid using any letters or words.
5. The screenshots are taken in a Windows XP environment, hence all the blue frames. The icons do not have to match this.
6. The icons must be original and created by the applicant. We are not interested in previously created and licensed icon libraries, unless your set of icons match exactly the above described applications.