Our project is a custom search engine based on wordpress. We're taking in RSS feeds from a bunch of deal/bargain sites. All the feeds are stored in our wordpress database. People can then effectively search all of the sites that we're receiving feeds from by using our search. Wordpress will also allow us to customize the output of our search queries.
This design will be for DealsGT.com.
Anyone who's looking for the fastest way to find the most current deals. If a person wants to buy an "lcd tv" or a "flash drive" he just types it into our search box and gets the most current and best available deals.
For this project we need to create 2 page layouts:
1. Front Page
2. Search Results Page
2. site should be slick and catchy, with a clean uncluttlered look focused around a large search box in the middle
3. the DealsGT title should be presented in a way that makes it memorable, be as creative as possible. A subtitle to DealsGT should be "Seach all deal sites at once."
4. catch phrase below search box: "They've found the deals for you. Now search them all at once!"
5. below the catch prase is a list of the top deals sites (with their logos) and the last slot is a link that says "see full list" (one example for this is http://www.freshbargains.net/about). This list can be done in 2 or 3 columns.
see full list
6. a bottom section for social networking links should say something like "Connect with us on:" and have links to facebook, twitter, ect...
Search Results Page
Please see the attached text file for the "search results page" layout details.