We're planning to use a character / mascot in our marketing for hospitality industry software. We're a cloud-based software but want to give out a bit more personal touch in our communication. We need a character to be used on the website, materials and print, later on maybe on animation videos.
The character will first be used in marketing in some African countries:
- A slightly funny / cartoon type character - has to have some humor in it, but not too much. So that we are still taken seriously in our business.
- the character is for African market = skin color accordingly, but not too stereotypical. (we might have different characters in different markets)
- It's a he, 40 something small family hotel owner, has a couple of kids, a happy man who enjoys life. He's doing quite good, but is not bragging with it.
- He's not too fit / trained
- Well dressed, but not too official, could maybe even have sunglasses on, you decide!
- Thumbs up maybe?
- 2D character at first
Go creative! We're looking for a not too serious character / mascot that can still be used in a serious business. This character should say out that I'm happy that i chose these guys...with them I'm more successful and enjoy life more.
Attached you can find our logo materials. The coloring is up to you, not exactly as the logo colors, but something that still works with them.
We're looking for the Mailchimp type of mascot / character but with the details above. (= meaning, not too detailed / cartoon type, but not too simple either)