Gabriel's logo has been an angel for 35 years and we want to continue with that theme but bring it up to date.
We don't want an angel, per se, but in migrating from what we have had for so long to what we have become, we need to keep the suggestion or idea of the angel alive. An angel's wing like a wave? Our current angel reduced to her bare essentials? Something hip and cutting edge yet elegant.
Love a hand drawn feeling similar to the whale drawing I have uploaded. The suggestion of an angel, may be just a wing or part of a wing or part of a horn or a wing that could also be a wave above the name or part of the name. I am thinking of the logo as an announcement. A call to come to Gabriel's and Provincetown. I don't know what this is supposed to look like but I will know it when I see it.
• Elegant but not formal
• Seashore ocean moving water
• greens and blues orange for brilliance
• elegant but not a formal script or a serif font for the name “Gabriel’s”
• ever blooming garden
• In Past: angel with horn
• wings joyous humorous
• Clean and Crisp, not cluttered
• Like shade of Green from existing site #96C97C
• Darker Navy Blue from text of current logo is good but don’t want new logo to be dull
• a wing or something that would carry you or embrace you with an ocean feel
• Do not need a tagline to be associated with the logo as our name is already long
About the Property:
• Rooms are greens, reds, orange, blue
• Welcome Children and Dogs
• Cater to higher end guests, but not wanting the Nantucket, Upper East Side stuffy feeling
• Courtyard is very beautiful, nature
COLORS: We are in New England, we do not want light summer colors. we want deep rich elegant colors with blue, green and orange for splash. We do not want anything but white for the background behind the logo.
I want to refine my direction to you all. Several people have made an illustration of an entire angel which is our logo now. Unless it is similar to an original minimalistic hand drawn image, we are not interested.
Now if someone could make a design with the idea of a wing that is graceful & playful with a hand drawn feeling like the whale drawing I uploaded
Now to colors. We want something strong that will be remembered and our climate is four seasons so no tropical summer colors. Elegant and inviting with some splash. Rich and regal.
Now here is a logo I love http://www.laubergeprovencale.com This rooster has beautiful color like a rainbow in his tail. If someone was to minimize the feeling of an angel with just the wings or a wing and then incorporate the horn, I could see some radiant colors like this splashing from the horn.
This could interact with the name "GABRIELS"
We are looking for clean, simple, elegant design. No gimmicks, not slick, not corporate. Please look at our web site to get a feeling of who we are. http://www.gabriels.com
FONTS: Although I had mentioned particular fonts for this logo, I now invite you to try different fonts. We are looking for sophisticated fonts that are not over the top. We have been impressed with some of the scripts that look hand lettered. We also still like the more formal fonts like Garamond. We are down to several fine designs and will be sending out a poll. One of you is a winner!