IMPORTANT update for all designers: We have decided to extend two additional days... We have a very nice design (#130 ) that we like. We are not certain however that this is the best visual to make our brand memorable, as it is more of a "backyard scene" In the next couple of days we would like to see some adjustments to the farmer character image (see response posting to #'s 125, 144, and 146. The best of these will be put into the mix and voted on with #130 .
VERY IMPORTANT: For anyone starting a new design concept, we would like to try a few other more simple concepts (and of course are open to any other outside the box ideas)...
1) an image with a (bean) sprout uncurling out of the ground with the company name "Backyard Farmers" next to it (most likely the name would be on two lines)
2) an image of a basket of fresh produce (fruits and vegetables) along with a few eggs of varying shades of brown and white with our name next to it. Not sure if the eggs should be in separate basket or in a compartment or small basket within the produce basket.
3) same as # 2 but with a pitchfork and/or farmer hat as part of the image
4) Just a pitchfork and farmers hat w/ or w/out the sprout.
5) (high on this idea at the moment)
Another design concept we are playing with is putting the letters of the company name into a vegetable...for example each letter of Backyard Farmers into each individual pea on each side of an open pea pod - ie. the top half would have:
B A C K Y A R D and the half of pod below would have F A R M E R S - each letter inside each pea...
We think this type of design could be simple and clean yet very memorable
To sum up, we think we might need to keep this logo a lot simpler. Our target audience is the upper middle/upper class suburban homeowner and the imagery and font used need to be very classy/high end looking. It should also have a strong earthy feel. Definitely not busy looking or campy...
6) we also think a farmer hat hanging off the name Backyard Farmers w/ or w/out a pitchfork and/or produce might be very effective...perhaps just the hat...
Once we have a bunch of these other design concepts described above submitted, we will then conduct a poll for the top 8 (this will include #130 and the best farmer character logo we receive).
Which ever image gets the highest score in that poll and is agreed as the best by the partners of this company will be awarded the prize
Thanks again to everyone for your submissions.... we believe this logo will some day support a strong national brand, and we need to get it right... We want something simple, classy, clean and memorable so that once it becomes established in the market everyone knows what it is for...just think of a logo you see and you remember what it is without the name next to it...that it ideally what we really want!