The Brockton Rox are a minor-league baseball club in Brockton, Mass.
Entering our tenth season, the club has attracted over 1.3 million fans to Campanelli Stadium in its history. The 2003 league champions, the Rox are known throughout Southeastern Massachusetts for exciting professional baseball, quality family entertainment, and excellent relationships with our business partners.
Brockton is a city of 90,000 located 20 miles south of Boston. The name "Rox" was chosen as the city is the birthplace of famous boxer Rocky Marciano, as well as its similarity to the area's "other" baseball club, the Red Sox.
The current Rox logo is unattractive, unexciting and not kid-friendly. Our brand desperately needs an update.
Families are the most important market for the team, but the club also has a good number of hard-core baseball fans.
-a main logo
-a cap logo (usually similar in spirit to the main logo, but less detailed)
-home and road uniform scripts
-tenth anniversary logo.
In the attachment, you can see examples of each of the guidelines below:
1. Remember that the logo will often be small and embroidered - nothing too detailed. (A good way to think of it is, a fourth-grader should able to draw the logo in his school notebook.)
2. It should be fun and kid-friendly...but not to the exclusion of everyone else. Don't go overboard on the cuteness.
3. Don't get too conceptual. If it takes more than a sentence to describe what's going on, or if the connection between the team name and the logo is too vague, try something else.
4. Don't be too baseball generic. You shouldn't be able to replace the word "Rox" or "Brockton" with "Tigers," "Giants" or anything else and have the logo still make sense. What's unique to Brockton and the Rox?
5. At the same time, keep in mind some of the elements that baseball logos and uniforms traditionally have.
6. We're not selling insurance - don't be too corporate. Again, make it fun...something that would look good on a t-shirt!
7. As far as colors go, we're leaning towards black, forest green and silver, but you're welcome to experiment with other colors.