CashPayment.com enables a cash payment option online. Instead of using a credit card to purchase a good or service online, the end user selects a cash payment option at the online merchant to complete their order, and is told two pieces of information.
1) A unique number associated with their order.
2) The locations of nearby retail stores that accept CashPayment.com payments (e.g., local gas station, convenience store, payment kiosk,etc.)
The user goes to the store and pays the total amount to the clerk. The clerk accepts the money and types the number in the system, which triggers a release from CashPayment.com to the online merchant, to fulfill the user's order.
Some people who use CashPayment.com include:
1) Over 1 billion non-US citizens who are internet savvy, but don't have credit cards accepted by standard US merchants.
2) US-based Immigrants with no credit history not eligible for credit cards
3) People who value privacy and don't want the site in question as a credit card transaction record.
4) Teenagers who want to play online games and have money, but no credit card.