1. My readers hate my current logo. I want something unique, exciting, energetic, memorable.
2. Fredericksburg.Today is the only locally owned and locally focused, completely online news website committed to community engagement. The owner is a professional journalist.
3. My business goal is to make Fredericksburg.Today the "go-to" for local news and information. The local paper has a website -- Fredericksburg.com. It's not well liked, but it has name recognition because it's be around a long time. I need to make Fredericksburg.Today the recognized name in local online news.
4. The new logo will be used on the website masthead, in the Facebook and Twitter profile photo squares, on a business card, on other websites, on signage and collateral materials when I cosponsor events, on letterhead/envelopes, advertising and advertising items like bags, t-shirts, pens, etc.).
5. I'm looking for a modern/avante garde style. I like a clean look that says Fredericksburg.Today is innovative, authoritative and professional. Other words I've used to describe Fredericksburg.Today are engaging, handy and timely.
6. My color has been red 8A0808. I am open to other suggestions -- even non-red.
7. Fredericksburg, Va., has many sites important in Colonial, Revolutionary War and Civil War history. The Rappahannock River is an important part of the community. Is there a way to represent this? To combine history with technology in a design?
See website: http://fredericksburg.today/
Photos of Fredericksburg: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lit-l…307920986/