We are looking for a new logo that will help create a visual brand identity for our web project at http://www.culturepulse.org. This North Dakota based project is used to promote arts and culture in the state. The website includes event calendars, artist and organization profiles.
Culture Pulse was created as a promotion tool for arts and culture in North Dakota. While prominently featuring Visual Arts, Music, Theatre, and Dance events and artists, the site also contains information about museums, heritage sites, film, sports, classes/workshops as well as other special events and festivals.
This site features artist and organization profiles while also listing events that are associated with both artists and organizations. The site is more than just a calendar of events. We look at this as a social media enabled community. Events that are posted to the site also feed out to Facebook and Twitter profiles to help spread the word.
This site is considered to be a tourism vehicle for those visiting North Dakota from outside of the state.
We are looking to target artists, venues and the general public to bring the three groups together at the arts and culture events being held in the state of North Dakota.
This site is really a news and promotion vehicle. Our newsletter is called "Art Beat" and our podcast will be called "Taking the Pulse". If you decide to do something with a "pulse", make sure it feels right in the context of the arts and culture scope.
• Original and unique professional design that "pops".
• Visit our website at http://www.culturepulse.org and click on one of our quadrant sites, to get the sense of mission.
• Files delivered in a vector EPS format in 300 dpi resolution in both color and black/white/grayscale versions.
• The logo must give the essence of arts and culture (ie: Visual Art, Theatre, Dance, and Music). You can visit one of our websites at http://www.culturepulse.org and click on one of the quadrant sites to get an idea of what this website does.
• It is not required that the logo have a graphic element, however, if you do choose to incorporate one, we would like it to encompass more than just one of our major categories (visual art, music, theatre and dance).
• A representation of how the logo looks in a portrait and landscape layouts, along with black and white versions.
• If you are able to also show us how the logo might look on a shirt, hat, business card, stationary, web banner, etc that also helps us visualize our end result. This is not required for the submission, however.
• Please ask us questions when you have them. You can private message me or post in the public comments. We are very good about answering questions.
• Anything too cheesy or anything that looks like "clip art".
• Anything that too closely resembles our other logo.
• Cartoon-like or hard to read fonts.