IGPlay is an upcoming game portal that wishes to differentiate itself on the game provided to an audience that prefers to play small, fun and even experimental/artsy games.
Indie games is a market in growth, and many games are neglected by other game portal. IGPlay wants to pick up the best amongst Indie games and gather them on one page.
Together with the cream of casual games, mainly played by women, the mix of the two game types will attract customers, who currently have to go to different portals to fulfill their different needs.
IGPlay wishes to set the customer in the center of attention, and not just the games - as other portals tend to do.
The company behind IGPlay has a green/eco-friendly profile.
The primary target group are female 20-50 years old (~65%) and men aged 15-45 (~35%).
They are likely to have children and have an above-average income. They play small-medium sized games, as they do not have time or need to spent many hours in a row on a single game.
A fair amount of the users are looking for new and 'experimental' stuff and visits IGPlay to get a unique experience not found elsewhere.
* Company name must be included
* Icon included, but must also work without the company name
* The look and feel should be pleasant, positive and appealing – NOT edgy and masculine.
* The logo should work both as small and big. In color and as black/white - on web and on print.
* A somewhat cartoony look is fine, but don't take it over the edge.
* Personally I am a sucker for the color green. Orange is also a pure pleasure to me. But, perhaps you can come up with something that shows me otherwise!?
* I have an idea for the icon in my head: 'The creation of Adam' - In game-terms translated to a hand/finger touching a magical ball/sphere/orb as a symbol for the game on the site (see the attached document for pictures)
* Most likely the theme of the website will be inspired by nature - a forest which can be investigated - and the magical sphere/orb as a metaphor for the games to be found on the site. How and if it is a good idea to have nature be a part of the logo, I will leave up to you.
* No joysticks or joypads in the logo, please!
- See the attached document for refernece pictures, other logos and a LITTLE more talk from my side :-)
Logo should be delivered in a handful of standard formats that would be useful for IGPlay (layered .psd .png .jpg .ico + ?) .fft where available.
Looking forward to see from you!