Como aturko começou a jornada do(a) design de logotipos
Nome da empresa
Dappa (if said in an Australian accent, Dappa is the phonetic spelling of the word “dapper” meaning stylishly dressed)
Dappa is a mens clothing retail website in its very early days based in Melbourne, Australia. The site (currently in development) aims to help guys look their best through selling great looking clothing that fits well.
Customers are free to pick and choose items such as tshirts, shirts, pants, jackets and shoes but where Dappa differs from other stores is helping the customer to pick the right clothes that suit them. This is done through several features that will provide the same experience as having a personal stylist.
Dappa is not a bargain clothing site. It has reasonable prices but isn’t going for the ‘cheap’ aspect. Dappa is all about style.
Conte para a gente quem é você e quem é seu público alvo
The demographics of the target audience would be males aged around 18 to late 30’s. The site is based in Australia and although Dappa will happily deliver overseas, some of the labels sold may not be recognised in countries outside of Australia.
Some common traits of this target audience would be:
- Guys who want to save time; they don’t want to spend their whole Saturday shopping for clothes to wear on a Saturday night out.
- Are web savvy and are familiar with purchasing items from other online sites.
- Guys who just want a great looking outfit, that might not be skilled at putting an outfit together themselves but want to improve their appearance.
- The site is not a bargain clothing site. It has reasonable prices but isn’t going for a target audience that’s after cheap clothing.
- Im not too fussed whether the logo is an icon, stylised text, a custom font of some sort or all of them combined!
- Although the logo can use colour, I don’t think it should rely on it. If the logo were to be converted to black and white it should still be recognisable.
- The website is currently being coded. No interface or any graphical elements have been created yet so feel free to choose any colours for the logo you think are right. That being said this is a male clothing site though so I wouldn’t think something like a pink and lavender colour scheme would work.
- Once the contest is won, the files required from the designer will be:
- Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
- Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
I haven’t come across any specific logos that I could use as examples to copy the style of. I do love all of the following logos though, hope they provide some inspiration: