International Protestant Church (IPC), Zurich
Hi! Thanks for helping out! We are an International Christian Church, we are looking to redesign our current logo. To view the current logo please look at http://www.ipc-zurich.org/. Our website is in the process of being redesigned also, so you are not limited to that layout or style. We want to see exciting new logo designs that really represent our growing, joyful and vibrant church!
A few words to describe what our Church is like and what we believe: Bible Believing, Family community, Fellowship, Disciple making, welcoming, equipping, evangelizing, spirit filled. We believe in the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection, and forgiveness of sins by grace through Salvation. More information can be found on our website.
We would like to communicate the following through our logo:
- Christ Centered,
- The Christian Faith
- International Community
- Growing in Faith
- Service Oriented
The logo will be used for stationery, publications and our website. Also other various items such as pin badges.
If you have any queries please email me at email@example.com.
- New people (visitors, people moving to Switzerland)
- A growing community of believers.
- Current Members.
- Wide age range: youth, young adults, adults, families, elderly.
- International Community with over 70 nations represented.
We have had a few ideas and considerations for the logo redesign. As our target audience is an international community we would like to see designs that have both/either map or no map construct. Please bear in mind that most circular world maps leave out Oceania, if this could also be incorporated we would be very pleased, however we don’t want the logo to look like a shipping/haulage company! We are also open to a design were the world is represented by a circle. A circle could represent the world, love, community, wholeness, infinity etc. Please don't let our ideas limit your creativity! We are excited to see what you come up with!
For your information:
-We are a church based in the Kanton of Zurich, Switzerland. Colour wise we prefer blue, navy, and white. (Blue and White are also the colours of Zurich’s Kantonal Flag.) Although are open to other balanced colour schemes.
- The logo must photocopy well and also look good in greyscale format.
- Type face should be clear, simple and sophisticated. We like Futura and Century Gothic
- Design should have a long life expectancy.
- No Stock art or Clip Art or anything ‘cute’ or cartoonish.
1. Christian Cross (not a crucifix)
2. Globe/Global - representing our International Community (also see notes under Target Audience.)
3. IPC: We would like a logo that stands on its own without text, however we would also like to see designs which include the initials IPC, whichever option you feel works best. Something fresh, innovative, eye catching and which easily communicates what we are about.
4. A versatile logo. For instance the Church will celebrate its 50th Anniversary next year, during the period of special events we will incorporate a reference to this alongside the logo. We would also like to be able to display the logo with the words ‘International Protestant Church, Zurich’ around our design (either to right, left, top or bottom). If you wish, you can provide examples of how you would see your logo design used in partnership with these additional elements however the contest is for the logo alone, and not a logo with these additional elements. The delivered design with set format specifications must only be the logo .
- We need the file in rgb and cmyk.
- psd format (with layers)
- high res jpeg (roughly A4 size)
- Scalable Vector format (.ai, .eps etc)