Como Jason Kempnich começou a jornada do(a) design de logotipos
Yarnmaker, a multi-award winning short film production company, requires a fresh logo. It will be attached to our website, stationary, and most importantly all of our films.
Nome da empresa
Yarnmaker (one word, do not add additional words like "films")
O que te inspira e como você imagina o design para seu negócio?
The name Yarnmaker is a made up word, meaning a “maker of yarns” (yarn as in “story“). It has nothing to do with traditional yarnmakers, who make wool!
Yarnmaker's first film, "Unfinished Business" has won five international awards and one nomination. You can view Unfinished Business at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZiVYXjB4uE. We produce drama and comedy genre films. Currently we produce short films and are gearing up to produce our first feature in a few years. You can view our current web site at http://www.yarnmaker.com/ however please bear in mind that our film production abilities far outweigh our logo and web site design abilities. :-)
We want a modern logo to reflects the creative enthusiasm that will make Yarnmaker a success in years to come. It should be fun, perhaps a little laid back - after all, we're a creative company!
We are happy to consider both formal and informal designs. But remember we are a company that deals with human emotions, so *potentially* more organic designs will do better but this is not a given. Don't feel you have to improve on the designs that are doing well, I'm keen to see something "different". Ultimately, film is a creative and human industry so allow this to help guide you.
- Must be a structured (vector) graphic and delivered as such. Preferred format is Adobe Illustrator.
- There must be a design element within the logo (so it can be trademarked).
- Color is great, but the logo must also work in B&W (so it can be trademarked).
- Logo must work on both a black background and a white background.
- The logo will eventually be integrated into a new website design. As such it will set our corporate colors. Please keep this in mind.
- Must be Landscape orientation (the logo will be presented on a screen and also on a website).
- The logo should work in very low resolution such as faxed documents or the very small attribution logos on the bottom of film promotional posters.
- No tacky “film” or “digital” clichés, such as clapper boards, loud hailers/megaphones, lights, cameras, DVDs, etc. A film strip might be OK *if* you have a good design, but we are trying to break away from the clichés.
- No stock photos.
- No fussy “rendered bits”, eg, fog, light effects, etc.
- No extra words in the logo - just "Yarnmaker" and any design elements.
- We'd had a lot of balls of wool as submissions - I'm not too keen on these.Thanks!