Como Georgio_1999 começou a jornada do(a) design de logotipos
Nome da empresa
In 1909 the Harvard Classics were first published. This is a collection of Books that according to the composer, Dr. Eliot of Harvard University, could provide any man who could read with a liberal education. The collection, sometimes referred to as the Dr Eliot's 5 foot shelf, include works by Darwin, Plato and Adam Smith to mention just a few names. It is still surprisingly common to find people with copies in their house/attic/on ebay!
Over the past few months I've been developing a website that allows people to create their own five foot shelf. I've used the same rules as Dr. Eliot (a 5 foot shelf) but extended it slightly to allow music albums and movies. People come to the site and add their all time favorite books, music albums and movies to a virtual shelf. By accumulating all users shelfs it is possible to create (what people today see as) a modern 5ft shelf.
Conte para a gente quem é você e quem é seu público alvo
The site is targeted at people who enjoy reading, listening to music and/or watching films. They don't have to be fanatics or critics, just people who are looking for new ideas of things to read/listen/watch. In fact I will expect this to be the largest demographic - people who read maybe 5-15 books a year but are looking for new ideas.
I'm really open minded when it comes to design and I don't want to limit creativity so I'm only going to add absolute requirements. As this may leave it a bit loose I'll be sure to logon several times each day and provide detailed feedback.
- The logo should feature a shelf (probably a single shelf rather than a bookcase)
- The logo should have the words "5ft shelf" - font, emphasis of certain letters, spacing etc up to the designer
- The logo should incorporate at least one book, one cd case and one dvd case (I may subsequently relax this one but for now). I quite like the idea of a small pile of these
- The logo should be a traditional rectangle shape (ie like YouTube, flickr etc). I'm not too fussed about proportions but it shouldn't be square overall or more vertical than horizontal
- I'll require a vector format version
Some other thoughts:
- Style - I like the web2.0 cartoon like cool logos (think youtube, skype, dropsend etc) but equally think the site has an amazing backstory so if it could capture some of the essence of that (without looking old fashioned that would well too)
- Color - I've not really opted for a color scheme yet but I think a single color for the words would be best (although the shelf and books etc can be other colors, in fact probably should be). I'm also not convinced red, pinks or purple would be right for the brand but everything else is game at this point.