We're a large European company in the Automation Industry. We currently sell highly automated and integrated logistics systems to major retail heavyweights and hospitals to help manage their back-end logistics automatically.
We're now starting up a new e-commerce website called "Automation Parts Express" which will provide automation parts to anyone who has an automated system that is in need of parts FAST. In our industry, when an automated machine breaks down, thousands of dollars are potentially lost every minute the machine is not working. So the market is crying out for fast delivery of parts - and AutomationPartsExpress.com will do just that!
Our business model will focus on fast checkout procedures and fast shipping! Our differentiating factor will be: the ease of website navigation, attractive web design and the cheapest prices on the parts we're selling.
We will be selling automation parts like sensors, drives, PLCs, etc.
Our audience will be 20-50 yr old engineers and purchase managers of various companies in the retail logistics industry looking to buy automation parts.
We 're looking for an attractive logo that goes well with our domain/brand name: "AutomationPartsExpress.com"
Emphasis must be placed on the "express"
We'll be starting up in the US but will become a global brand in the future, so please keep that in mind.
Must be professional, simple and clean, yet grab the viewer's attention.
Please pick colors for the logo that go well with a website themed around red, grey and white.
The logo should also look great in grey-scale.
I have also attached a snapshot of some logos I thought looked great and could give you all some great ideas!
Some ideas that we have brainstormed so far were (but not limited to):
1) The idea of a fast moving train or mail van (as 'express' is generally associated with a train or a delivery truck/van) with Automation Parts Express written on it with an attractive font.
2) The idea of a Robot (like the Wall-e Robot) as a part of the logo - as a Robot sort of chimes in with the word "Automation"
3) The idea of an open box moving fast with parts in the box. On the box you could have express written on it!
4) Automation Parts written in a very techy font. Express could have 'wings' on one side of the word.
5) A Conveyor carrying a box with an "Express" sticker
Please let me know if you have any questions!