I want the theme of my website to be portrayed in the logo. Our target traffic will be recreational poker players from California so we want want our logo to be fun and memorable.
The Logo should read Pokerfornia and not be all letters. I like the idea of having some letters taylored to the theme. For example, the P could be a palm tree and the O a poker chip.
(BTW, no monkeys on the trees, thx ;-))
You're probably wondering about the quake part. I want some earthquake crack lines coming out of the logo downwards to the main navigation bar and looking right at the reader. The lines shouldn't be too accentuated as the focus should remain on the pokerfornia letters. The lines should empasize the logo. I have provided a direct link to my website in the brief so you can figure out how this would all fit together.
Concerning lighting, it would be interesting to have the source at the top left of the first letter (or tree) showering down on the other letters and the earthquake cracks. I want the visitors to feel the "power" coming out from my logo :-)
I am currently using the Revolution logo from the Wordpress Revolution Pro Media Theme (custom designed by Brian Gardner). I love the way that his default logo looks. One of the main requirements for your logo will be that it blends right into my page (from a color perspective). I don't want something with a white background that looks like it was pasted.
Please visit my website which is still under construction to see the overall theme and layout: http://pokerfornia.com
I want you to have fun with this project as a requirement and you will get bonus points for originality. I may have some later work for the person I chose so keep this as an incentive. I will also give you personal credit for the logo design in my website with a link to your business.
The rating scheme will be as follows:
1 star - long distance call from awesome town
2 stars - needs more awesome
3 stars - has awesome potential
4 stars - wowed me with awesome
5 stars - beauty. contender for the awesome prize.
- something that blends in with the existing theme
- something that is fun, stylish and memorable
- Something that says click me when I will use this logo as a signature in forums
- Something that hooks people
- Logo letters need to be close to the same size as the ones on the revolution logo. However you are encouraged to expand the size of the gif file for the logo. You can use the same color scheme if you want or try something different.
- I don't want all standard letters. Some letters should be graphics, like a tree with monkeys on top (oh wait, no monkeys ;-)).
- no rainbows, lol.
- earthquake cracks should be black
- The letters should not be shaking or be blurry because of the earthquake dynamic. They should be crisp and readable, although I like the idea of one or two letters having a motion effect.
- I don't want something that looks like it was pasted or came from an other planet when added to the beautiful revolution pro media theme by Brian.