Lustre Consulting is a new environmental consultancy, set up in the UK. We work mostly B2B, but sometimes for private clients. We are young and want to show energy and service quality, but need to show clients that we possess integrity, and professionalism. We would like the attributes associated with the name of the business (Lustre) to be reflected in the logo, e.g.
- (Earth Sciences / Geological Science) Mineralogy the way in which light is reflected from the surface of a mineral. It is one of the properties by which minerals are defined, which associates well with this type of business:
- reflected light; sheen; gloss
- radiance or brilliance of light
- great splendour of accomplishment, beauty, etc.
- quality that outshines the usual
- quality that makes something interesting and exciting
We would like the logo to reflect the brand values of the business, brightness, quality, refinement, reputation and distinction. It should show a company with colour, energy, and a personal service, without being too radical; as it is important to also demonstrate the traditional values of quality and professionalism
We are targeting business users and possibly, private clients, as noted above. Most of these organisations will be property consultants and developers; architects, consulting engineers, planning consultants; generally construction and property professionals. The logo should demonstrate creativity, as this is an attribute our clients value.
The logo should incorporate Lustre Consulting as a typeface and should be capable of being reproduced as a monochrome, white on any colour you could name.
We would also like the designer to provide us with a corporate colour pallete (Pantone, CMYK, RGB), for an additional negotiated fee and provide a range of logo formats for us to use. It would be good if the graphic element of the logo could be used separately from the textual element, but this isn’t a “must have”, if the logo fulfills all of the other needs.
To keep it simple, here is a list of what we want, and what we don't.
- Green / natural colourbase, reflecting the environmental aspect. Please don’t restrict the logo colouration to green, we don’t just want a bunch of green options, but do recognise the environmental base and energy / vibrance of the new business
- Eye catching
- Needs to work in monochrome (for use in drawing title blocks)
- Chaotic / too complex
- Flat images