Looking for a fun, dynamic, catchy logo and mascot for a CSS/XHTML slicing service. The winner gets first dibs on the website design and opportunity for ongoing work.
CHOPSHOP is a CSS/XHTML slicing service to be launched in Australia. We also perform CMS integration for WordPress, ExpressionEngine, X-Cart, digiSHOP and more.
I'm after a strong, bold logo and fun website mascot...sorta like the way the monkey is used on demodemo.com or the divlets on yodiv.com. I really like the mascot on freelanceswitch.com, very cute, nice scale, great personality. Please keep inmind we are a Web2.0 HTML/CSS slicing service, so it needs to fit inwith the theme - CHOPSHOP Kung Fu Code. We're quick and deadly accurate.
I want a cool, professional, modern or retro logo and cute mascot who is a Kung Fu master. I have visions of a Japanese guy with rising sun headband, or aChinese guy with a rice paddy hat. Or the old & wise Wong fromTekken. His name is Kungfucius.
Keep the mascot simple, i'm a big fan of Vaultboy from Fallout (fallout.bethsoft.com) Nice lines, a bit of a retro/techno mix. I prefer the look of computer-generated toons but understand initial concepts may be hand-drawn. Also love Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet.com...the way a man loves his dog, not his wife ;)
Maybe even a KungFu robot like Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!
For the CHOPSHOP logo - i'm after either a Web2.0 or retro font.Iwant the word CHOPSHOP and slogan Kung Fu Code to stand on their ownwithout relying on the mascot. The two can be linked eg mascot karate chopping the logo, but the two elements do not necessarily need to be directly linked. Referto yodiv.com where the logo is of a similar theme to the toons throughout the site.
A 4 to 5 page Web2.0 website will follow the logo design, the winner will get first dibs at the job. I have a number of follow up projects that need logo and web designs developed and am looking to attract talented designers for ongoing work.
Will consider other payment methods if I can access them from Oz.
- Web2.0 or retro logo. It will be used primarily on a website so please design for the web.
- I like Web2.0 stickers, so consider a white border or outline on the logo. See littlebigplanet.com.
- *maybe* a cartoon or dynamic font for CHOPSHOP, more Blambot's BADABOOM than Comic Sans. Again, this is a maybe - I want to be guided by your expertise so don't feel stifled by my limited imagination.
- Red, Black, White...open to alternatives. 3D like yodiv.com's divlets is an option.
- The word CHOPSHOP needs to be able to stand on it's own. Possibly two versions - one featuring the mascot for a large home page logo. One without the mascot on content pages, he will be elsewhere on the page.
- Kung Fu Code slogan below CHOPSHOP.
- CHOPSHOP Does not need to be capitalised, nor does Kung Fu Code.
- Computer-designed mascot. Something nice, cute, friendly and simple. I'm a big fan of Vaultboy from Fallout, Sackboy from Little Big Planet and Freelanceswitch.com's mascot.
- Strong illustration skills - we'll need you to create multiple graphics of the mascot for the website.
- Very good understanding of colour, typography and whitespace.
- Logo looks good on the web in a range of sizes.
- Vector-based file - EPS, AI or PDF.
- Clean, simple, effective branding.
- Great designers to have a crack.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- A fun competition.
- Old-school mascots. If it looks like it could be Clip art, i don't want it.
- Serif fonts.
- Poor font kerning.
- Half-arsed attempts. Don't waste your time or mine.