otilas is a Sydney based web development studio working with one of the hottest up and coming design studio's on some really cool web applications due to launch in 2009.
We are in the process of building our online presence and need a logo to kick start our visual identity.
On Completion - Art Work submitted in hi-res VECTOR .ai Illustrator file with any and all original font files zipped. The logo must be suitable for both web and print.
Use flat colours and limit the number of colours used in the logo.
Read the brief for more details.
*** NOTE: The brief has minor updates (10-Dec-08) ****
PLEASE NOTE: ratings are based on the appropriatness of your logo to our business not the quality of the design if we lower your rating or eliminate your logo it's not personal it just means it is not the direction we want to go. In the case of a lowered rating it means after more consideration we have decided it's not the look we are after 3 star's might mean you are getting close but not 100% there yet. We appreciate the time you take to enter.
We are passionate about clean and simple UI and we would like our logo to reflect this. We pride ourselves on quality code and usable interfaces.
we want something memorable that encapsulates the meaning of the work yet remaining edgy.
We don't have a colour scheme yet but blues or greens incorporated in the logo would be nice, we will probably give a little more direction on colour after we've seen a few entries.
We love fonts like "Helvetica Neue" (in no way are you restricted to helvetica neue) but little touches to fonts to make the logotype look very unique (so customized fonts) will get you bonus points.
On Completion - Art Work submitted in hi-res VECTOR .ai Illustrator file with any and all original font files zipped.
Here are a few examples that we like:
So get your design hats on we can't wait to see what you come up with
- otilas should be all lowercase - Clean & Professional yet a little edgy - Conveys strong brand identity - Tested against various backgrounds, Dark & Light - We want a stand-alone identity too -- like the Nike tick that will be synonymous with the otilas brand
- NOTE: we don't want the nike tick but just the idea of an icon that can standalone and easily identifiable
- which will be also suitable for icons and favicons etc
- Conveys strong brand identity
- 3D effects - we don't want 3d graphics in the logo
- Massive reflections. A slight reflection is ok but if you want to do reflections we also need to see how it would look without reflections
- Something that doesn't strike you as memorable and easy to remember
- Something that looks like it was made in Microsoft Paint!
- Cartoony look
- Too many colors
- No over sized Logos as all designs must be able to fit onto business cards & invoices.