Jupiter 7 is a software development company specializing in Windows based productivity applications for both individuals and the enterprise. Jupiter 7 is a young technology start-up, planning to launch their first product, Mind Mango, during the course of 2010. Mind Mango is a mind mapping application for the Windows platform. The application is scheduled to be completed in August 2010.
A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea. Mind maps are used to generate, visualize, structure, and classify ideas, and as an aid in study, organization, problem solving, decision making, and writing.
The elements of a given mind map are arranged intuitively according to the importance of the concepts, and are classified into groupings, branches, or areas, with the goal of representing semantic or other connections between portions of information. Mind maps may also aid recall of existing memories.
There are a number of established Mind mapping solutions. Our main competitors being:
Mind Genius (http://www.mindgenius.com)
Mind Jet (http://www.mindjet.com)
iMind Map (http://www.thinkbuzan.com/us/products/imindmap)
- Business people
- Project managers
- Anyone wanting to organise their life
We believe that the design of all our competitors software products, as well as their web sites, are boring and too corporate looking. We would like the brand of Mindmango to be a young, fresh, funky product. An underdog in a very staid, bland market. Our objective with this exercise is to stand out from the crowd and be different, both in the application itself and also with our marketing and promotional material.
STYLE & CONTENT
- An iconic graphic would be great to go along with it. Perhaps something like a mascot which we find people always remember, for example, we like the chimp on http://www.mailchimp.com/ The mascot & the logo should each be able to stand out on their own though
- No preference, though nothing too corporate looking
- If the logo looks 3D it should also have a 2D version
- Should look good on software. It will be used on the splash screen & some other elements of the software
- Should be clear if it's both large or small
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .png and layered .psd (RGB)