The idea for the logo is surrounded by a few things - I'm in SC and it is the Palmetto State, I am a veterinarian, I will be providing relief veterinary services to any clinic that is needing a veterinarian whether it is for maternity leave, vacation, a shortage, etc. So, the logo is pretty open to interpretation! Get those creative juices flowing and let's see what you can come up with...
Palmetto Veterinary Relief Services
I am starting a new business of my own and am titling the business Palmetto Veterinary Relief Services. I am a veterinarian who has worked in several areas of veterinary medicine and will now be available to any clinic needing a doctor short-term. I am located in the greater Charleston area and am focusing my business on the SC lowcountry, but I am licensed to practice anywhere in SC. I also have a license to practice in GA as well. Typically, I would be employed if there is a shortage of veterinarians at a practice for reasons such as maternity leave, vacation, the clinic is growing and needs another doctor and they can not start right away, etc. Relief veterinary business is a self-employment situation, where the clinic will pay a daily or a weekly fee and that's all that is required on their part. My job is to come in and use their facilities to provide their clients and patients with good quality care. I am responsible for my own taxes, transportation, food, etc. There is a charge for distances further from my home location. But, their only concern is to book me and then pay me flat fees - I provide them with a tax form to fill out at the end of the year. This is also really helpful for solo practitioners as they can go out of town and still not have to close their practice.
- Item 1..I want to leave this open to interpretation and see what comes of it. Use your creative juices!
- I want it to be a professional representation, but that doesn't mean it can't include some art.
- Have fun!
- Item 1...I don't want any art that is not relative to the business title - for example, I don't see children as part of my business.
- I don't want the logo too "busy" - I plan to use the logo on business cards, letterhead, possibly a future website, etc.
- Not to cutesy or frilly. I'm not going for the "awww" effect. I'm hoping it will get me some work : )