We are a husband and wife team looking to expand a track & cross country running program that was created for teens without access to high school teams i.e. home school, private school, etc., Our program is producing exceptional athletes and we are interested in expanding and looking for other opportunities like running camps and possibly franchising teams.
This is a new market not currently being tapped. There's great potential. These are high schoolers that understand trends and are brand loyal, but who are also very serious athletes. They like to wear their team apparel off the athletic field and want to take pride in wearing it. As a secondary market we want parents and college recruiters to recognize the logo easily and see it as a symbol of excellence.
We are looking for a logo that reflects Spire as in the pinnacle, peak or highest point, but is represented subtly. Also, "spire," as the root of aspire, inspire, inspiration, we'd like the logo to reflect the bigger meaning.
We would love to have the logo incorporate our running figure (attached) but we're not hooked to it if there's a compelling design without it. Also...
1. No Cartoons - we don't want it to be cheap or childlike.
2. It should be attractive to teens, something they would love to wear off the field.
3. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out and can stand alone.
4. The team colors are green and black... logo green and the shirt black but we're open to new ideas as long as it retains that color theme.
5. The logo does not have to include the name, Spire.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo