I want to take the persona of “Billy”
• Most people call me Bill, but a couple close friends call me Billy, I want my photography persona to be “Billy” or “Billy Bengtson”.
• The times that only one name is shown, I’d want to market “Billy” & not have the name “Bengtson” shown alone.
• I don’t think that I want to have the word “Photography” in all of the branding, like it’s a photography studio in my town; I don’t have a studio. But instead, more-so just my name & my own persona…. but I’m known for my photography. Possibly an artistic clue or hint to photography in the logo though?
• An example of this individual identity that I think of is Peter McKinnon (him, not his logo) https://www.youtube.com/user/petermckinnon24
• Peter McKinnon is fairly large on YouTube, he is known for Photography & Videos… but his identity is just his name & that’s what is identified in logo, it doesn’t say “photography”.
Logo Can NOT be “BB” (2 b’s)
• I do like the single letter “b” idea for my logo
The overall vibe
• Edgy, like a rock star or a musician that plays rock/metal music
• But not so crazy edgy, that it scares away conservative “portrait” customers
• I could like fun as well, but I don’t want it to look childish
I see the logo as a recognizable shape/letter without a lot of text
• Often times, I keep going back to a circle logo; whether it has a circle in the logo or would look cool on a round button worn on clothing or within a circle on a hat
• POSSIBLY just a unique letter “b” with style to it. Part of me likes the idea of it being mostly just a recognizable letter “b” that is a bold & vivid
• Undecided on if I would always want my name on it. Maybe the b shape can be used alone & other times used with my name?
• POSSIBLY with a round camera lens being incorporated along with the unique letter/shape design
• POSSIBLY playing up a big lens (large diameter around, not a long lens) that you can’t see the camera behind the lens
• POSSIBLY with a person/character peaking from behind the lens
o Or fingers/hands holding the camera that are visible on the edges of the lens
• Up for other ideas then these, of course
Website domain will be http://BillyBengtson.com
• I don’t believe that I want serif fonts, typically not a fan of serif fonts
• I tend to like bold/vivid colors, (just a random example, like a Ferrari in red)
• But also with Blacks & White balanced in there as well
Looking for a Vector files for sure
• Raster images are a bonus
Pinterest Inspiration Board
• Not the most amazing, plenty of options to do better than these