We are starting a software company that will create open source software products for application developers and larger company. Our goal is to help developers spend less time and effort in order to build great systems-- we want to make them more productive by using our products.
Our culture will be heavily based on that of the open source community. We hope to build a community of users and customers who will help us improve our product as we grow.
A quick note on our company name. The word Kata is often used in Japanese martial arts to describe a model or refined form of movement.
Our target audience is software developers building application for larger companies either as employees or as contractors. The core of this audience are highly skilled lead engineers. These engineers will be building important systems on top of our products so they will be concerned about
The logo will be used on our website, our business cards, and our letterhead. The URL will be http://www.katasoft.com.
Here's what we'd like
1. Professional looking. We want businesses to be feel comfortable doing business with us and relying on our products.
2. The typeface should be easily read and bold. We want something that stands out
3. A low number of good colors because we want to easily put the logo on business cards
What we don't want
1. No logos that are too playful. (ie - No cartoons or bubble letters)
2. No clip art or stock photography
Example of a good logo: Fedex, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware
Thank you all in advance for your submissions! We look forward to seeing your great work!