Como Ian@ml começou a jornada do(a) design de logotipos
The company writes software for embedded devices like routers, car computers and custom electronics. Lots of options for theming. I'll provide regular feedback - I want to get this right first time!
Nome da empresa
O que te inspira e como você imagina o design para seu negócio?
Take a look at the current website, mutexlabs.com to see where I'm at.
I want something to replace the existing logo and that I can also use on business cards.
Themes might include:
- 'laboratory' (beakers, chemicals, etc)
- 'electronics' (chips, components, tools)
- 'software' (not sure how to visualise that!)
- 'innovation' (again, no idea how to visualise that)A 'mutex' is a concurrency primitive used in software. If you can think of a way to illustrate it, please let me know!
I'm open to any ideas, even completely abstract designs that just look cool.
- Should approximately fit the blue theme on the website, though I will probably redo the website to fit the logo if I like it enough
- Major colours are blue, light grey and some orange accents (like the RSS icon)
- Layout should be approximately as with the website now: symbolic logo on the left, "Mutex Labs" text on the right. Feel free to augment or accent the Mutex Labs text if you see fit.
- The font is 'BitLow' from http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/6875 . Again, no need to stick with it! Use your own judgment for what looks good.
- Vector output format (Illustrator) or PSD at 300dpi. Let me know if you think this will be a problem for you - I can work with most formats.
- Don't make the symbolic logo too complicated. It needs to look good even when shrunk reasonably small on a business card.