My business partner and I are very thankful for everyones time and truly appreciate the help! We promise to do our part and provide timely feedback as the contest moves forward.
Where we strive:
- Simplicity / Transparency / Accountability - Through the effective use of technology
- Building trust by ensuring our clients assets are cared for like our own
- Both of us are lighthearted and funny people that enjoy putting smiles on faces.
- Our employees are partners and are always treated as such
- The industry overuses “marine” images for logos such as boats, anchors, etc. (please help us think outside this box)
- Our brand needs a strong and memorable presence to cut through the noise
- It was important for us to find a short and powerful name that could, in time, stand alone on a page w/o explanation
How we came up with the name:
- Ruya: A word that describes the ancient scholar's wise, modest, and self-cultivating nature. It is also used to describe Chinese generals holding those same traits while defeating their enemies with ease.
- Also Turkish for “Dream” (Yachts are often dreams of their owners, their prized possession)
- Sounds like a war cry RUYA!
Ultimately, even before coming up with the name, we discussed traits in the above paragraph. So needless to say we were excited when we found such a short descriptive word. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions.
** Top 6 Designers Walk Away w/ Cash **
We were chatting this morning about how amazing everyones work was and.... BANG... an idea hit us. Why not offer up some cash as a Thank You for the other 5 finalists… I gave the guys at 99designs a call and we worked out a way to make it happen.
So here is what we are thinking:
- We will put up another $300 Bucks minimum (yes… we said minimum) in cash for us to split amongst the other 5 finalists not selected as the project winner.
- The goal is to simply Pay Thanks for all the hard work put in over the course of this week, no strings attached. We will leave it totally in your hands if you wish to sign over the artwork (no hard feelings either way… really we mean it… we can still grab a beer after and have a laugh regardless) :P
- We hope by doing this everyone feels a bit more comfortable putting the effort forward knowing if they make the top 6 they won’t go away empty handed.
- Yep that is about it... back to the feedback mill... man this is a full-time job.
A BIG THANK YOU!