A logo is needed for a new online blog project.
Cool. Hip. Edgy. Design-y. Trendy.
The Transparent Man Project (TMP)
ThinkAgency is representing our client who needs a fully branded suite of items.
We are FIRST starting with this logo/icon project, and will later require a website, blog and email masthead, T-shirts, posters etc...
We are interested in designing a very strong icon, logo, wordmark to serve as a distinctive brand identity.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
This is for a new on-line experimental project directed at men.
The Transparent Man Project is a blog project directed to Men who want to learn live as real men through candid, direct and extremely open conversation and discussion.
It is a candid approach to tough issues about manhood. The title "Transparent" reffers to talking about issues that aren't discussed in many forums in an honest and open way - so you 'see' everything in a guy's life - nothing is hidden.
It will be a forum where many issues will be discussed in relationship to what it means to be a real man in today's society.
The blog project will address tough, personal issues in a man's life. (Quiet often these issues are never talked about directly and openly among men). They are often unspoken. In this project men will participate and commit to being brutally honest in order to do what they need to, in order to be real man.
This project will be centered heavily centered around spiritual issues (and will also touch on mental and physical issues).
Some of the topics that may be discussed are:
What is a real Man?
What are a man's responsibilities in this world?
What is man's relationship to God?
What should it be?
Man and his wife.
Man and sexuality.
Man and his family.
Man and work.
- Original artwork and ideas.
- Should have an icon or image that is original and distinctive.
- The icon should be able to stand on it's own and still be identifiable apart from the word mark.
- Should be very hip, edgy and current
- Should be iconic. Graphic approaches are highly favored
- Can look rough, weathered, worn, aged etc... (but doesn't have to be)
- Rough rugged imagery. Possibly could work on a skate board, snowboard or stenciled on a wall (this kind of tone and feel)
- Appealing to guys (ie: guy would wear this icon on their T-shirt)
- The logo can be designed horizontal or stacked (or both)
- The logo can be featured as an Acronym to create a little mystery etc... (ie: TMP) but if you choose to show the logo like this you must also show a version that has the name in full (ie: The Transparent Man Project) that can be featured and read in full
- Must work in 1 and 2 colors but can have more colors and gradients (be creative - show us your stuff!)
- Final files to be provided in Photoshop working files (layered) or in a vector-based format program (ie: Adobe Illustrator)
- Logo should represent/target all men between the ages of 18 - 60 ( the 'sweet spot' will be between 28 - 45 years of age)
- If you design a 'man' into the logo it should be generic and iconic
- Nothing cheesy or cliché
- No sexual overtones
- No muscle-bound 'guys' (icons or photographs)
- No sports Icons or graphics
- No clip art icons (unless modified/stylized) and made into a new 'unique' image