The Damascus Hostel, http://www.damascushostel.com
Situated in Damascus, the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, The Damascus Hostel offers a clean, comfortable and welcoming place to stay.
Nestled safely in the Christian quarter, we offer clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation for travellers from all over the world.
Close to many inexpensive cafes, restaurants and internet cafes, the Hostel is a home away from home right in the heart of the city. View the main street from the roof courtyard or turret. There is an abundance of architectural styles, historical and religious sights to see just a short walk from the Hostel.
Upon arrival we will help you to familiarise yourself with the exotic Old City. and help you to Immerse yourself in the local language and culture. You can learn to read and write Arabic from our helpful and friendly local staff.
The Damascus Hostel is based on the style of student accommodation begun originally by manager Ray Gordon in Australia over 21 years ago. Ray offered long-term accommodation that attracted many international students from Europe and Asia. Ray now brings this style of welcome hospitality to the heart of Old Damascus.
The Damascus Hostel has an excellent reputation amongst travellers http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_…ascus.html with high approval ratings. The Hostel is known for its lively social atmosphere
We have two main markets.
- Western travellers looking for budget accommodation, tours and other travel services who are planning a trip to Syria and Damascus; and
- those looking to study the Arabic language in Damascus and require accommodation for several weeks to months.
Western travellers to Syria are usually quite open minded and adventurous as Syria considered a bit of the beaten track.
Arabic language students are usually quite respectful of arabic culture. Also, Damascus is a fantastic site for archaeologists and those interesting in ancient customs and history.
1. Because the hostel is set into a turret of the old city's walls we think it would be a good idea to incorporate a castle like turret into the design.
2. The logo will be used in both print and web applications.
3. Please supply in .jpg and .psd formats with layers
4. If you can match the fonts in the sign that would be fantastic
5. Earthly tones (light browns) probably best suit but if you are convinced that something super bright like a fluoro green is the way to go then by all means go for it.