Como Swalter começou a jornada do(a) design de logotipos
Nome da empresa
Jackson Hole Community School
We are a college-prep high school that focuses on academics. We are gaining traction and will be at capacity this year for the first time in history.
Need for Brand: We are using this year to prepare for a large capital campaign where we would raise money to buy and build a large school.
Our current logo does not represent the intense-academics, intellectual curiosity, maturity and culture of this young, established school.
COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS: We are an independent school in the mountains that aims to be as competitive in college placement as the rigorous east coast prep/boarding schools. Our competition consists of Teton Science School's "Journeys High School" and the Jackson Hole High School (JHHS). Journeys (http://www.tetonscience.org) is a crunchy liberal school that focuses on the environment and innovative learning techniques. JHHS (jhhs.tcsd.org) is a large public school.
We would like to take our place in the market as offering the highest quality education. A place for committed students, staff and teachers. A place that leads to a lifetime of learning and intellectual inquiry. The highest quality college prep school. Parents can move to beautiful Jackson Hole and not have to send their kids to boarding school to get a good education.
Conte para a gente quem é você e quem é seu público alvo
The ideal potential student is one that demonstrates an intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning. His or her parents have established an interest in their child’s education, and have specific goals set.
Jackson Hole Community School offers a supportive, academically rigorous and social environment that embraces your passion for learning and will provide you with skills for college and life beyond. You'll fit in. The student-centric environment provides a great setting for getting the most out of your high school years.
The School offers your student a socially and academically supportive environment that will allow him the opportunity realize education-oriented goals and establish a platform for college and lifelong learning equal to that of the best high schools in the nation. JHCS offers scholarship and financial aid programs that enable attendance for students and families of any financial capacity (70% of our students are on scholarship).
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate faculty and student body in an exciting and democratic work environment.
COMMUNITY AT LARGE:
The School is a new gem for the community. It is an educational alternative that suddenly puts this town the market for young parents who who want a healthy lifestyle in a mountain town and be able to give their children optimal education.
Characteristics we want:
- Teton Mountain Range (specific)
- some sort of icon that suggests education
- Clean, humble, simple
- Innovative, yet not too different
- Modeled after an university or an east coast college prep school logos
- same colors as our current website: http://www.jhcommunityschool.org
- name included in logo (Jackson Hole Community School)
- logos we like: Apple, Stanford, Target
- grand tetons are iconic of this area (be careful how you use them though they are over used in logos in this area)
- we do not have any sports teams - our kids play sports across the street. but our mascot is a grizzly bear
- seals or circular are good, but we are not limited to that (We attached our competitors logos - so we need to be careful we are not too similar)
Things we don't like:
- shields, latin, complicated logos
- no animals (if you must, a bear is our logo)
- no acronyms (no JHCS)
***** I added an idea with the small child turning into a graduate. may be fun to play around with something like that.