Seeking a design (album art and insert) for a unique collaborative music CD. The musicians on this CD have never met -- they worked totally online from all over the world using kompoz.com as their virtual music studio. We need a design that captures the open, collaborative, worldwide nature of the project.
Seeking a design (album art and insert) for a unique collaborative music CD. The musicians on this CD have never met -- they worked totally online from all over the world using kompoz.com as their virtual music studio.
Kompoz is a social workspace for musicians and songwriters.
Kompoz works like this: Got an idea for a song? Record a track. Upload it.
Then invite others to add drums, bass, vocals or anything else. It's "crowdsourcing" for music creation.
The title of the CD - "All Over The Map" - has a double meaning. it speaks to the different genres this album will contain, and to the
geographical composition of the Kompoz members contributing to the CD. We need a modern and compelling design that reflects this.
The CD will have 12-14 songs on it., and will be distributed through CD baby, iTunes, and Amazon/MP3.
Ideas to capture:
- musicians are all over the globe, and yet they're connected by music and the Web.
- sharing, open collaboration
- web 2.0
- indie musicWill we be using NationwideDisc for printing. You will find jewel case templates and specs (DPI, etc) on the FAQ page.
The winning designer will be credited in the liner notes of the CD, and will be featured on the Kompoz blog.
- CD jewel case front and back cover artwork
- CD face artwork (for printing on the disc)
- Design for one panel (insert). This will serve as a template for the liner notes, which will contain (for each song) the artist names, kompoz user names, country, what instrument each played, and then the song lyrics.