- The book cover needs to be understood by someone seeing it on a bookshelf from 10' away.
- Clear, clean, easy to read and 'get it.'
- The cover will be the basis for the website design, banners, and promotional material.
- Although the majority of sales will be eBook readers (like Kindle) and Amazon.com the cover should be one to make people nod their head 'yes' and reach for it when they see it.
- BACK: top 1/3 will be testimonials, 1/3 synopsis (sales message) in 50 words or less, bottom bio of less than five sentences and a the author's picture At the very bottom will be an offer for them to go to the website and sign up for updates. (http://www.YouAlwaysNeedaPlanB.com)
- SPINE: title, author's name, space for publisher name
This is a serious book, so happy, fluffy colors or images won't work. No cutesy, cartoon images. Stock photos or images are fine. No tired images like palm trees and a hammock or empty chairs
- Identity the color type and numbers
I am not certain what they should be because it will be ENLARGED for banners, and SHRUNK for flyers and used on the website. So using the website recommendations:
Adobe Illustrator Document *.ai
Adobe Photoshop Document *.psd
Portable Document Format *.pdf
High resolution jpg
At least 300 DPI
TIFF Image *.tif, *.tiff