I'd like to have a business card for personal/private use, design based on some of my features.
O que te inspira e como você imagina o design para seu negócio?
Hey there! For several reasons I finally want a business card for my private/personal contacts, and since I'm not proficient with graphics software nor design and I want something special, I'm making this contest here.
Essentially I'd like to have a card with my basic contact information (name, e-mail and telephone number) but want to boost it with some (graphical) elements of which some are inspired by few of my personal features:
- My domain is called 'sevensuns.at', somehow I'd like to have a stylized light source (a curve line might be enough) with some short, non-straight rays from it; I'm writing 'light source' since it does not necessarily have to be a star (our sun) but might (and should) also be interpreted as light bulb. Note: I don't necessarily mean 'light source' in graphical terms, but the stylized icon of one; Think of the corona the earth has seen from space when the sun comes up...
- I'm a programmer with interest in Sci-Fi (but not StarTrek ;), so elements like binary strings or star maps (watermark?) and what not might fit; Some version number would be good (i.e. "Card Ver.1")
- I'm also attending evening classes to become a audio engineer - a waveform?Re-reading all my thoughts popped up the Voyager Golden Record in my mind, but that's an artifact by its own...
I'm planning to release the final QR Code image (See 'What I want' below) and my telephone number at the end, but since my email address is the 'longest' information that might need special care, I'm giving it here: christian (dot) haas (at) sevensuns (dot) at
- Although I don't have a fixed preference for color scheme, something in Blue would be good; The general tone should be light (both in terms not heavy nor dark)
- 'Standard' business card format (85x55mm); One sided; Two sided only if 'special' enough (Surprise me).
- There must be a space available for a QR Code, that will hold the contact information as well (See here for an online creator) -- This might allow to use the back-side of the card. Important: The code must probably have the size of at least half the height of the card to be readable by computers! -- There is also an online decoder here for tests. It's not a no-go criteria if the code can not be read but the design in sum is great, yet it might be aiding in making decisions in the end...
- Result in some (vector) format I can open in GIMP (svg?) and pdf (>300 dpi for the print, done probably by http://www.print24.de -- please ask if I should translate something what they need technical wise)The information that must be present is:
- Name ("Christian Haas")
- email ("email@example.com")
- Telephone number (Format is "+00 (000) 0000000")
- QR Codeanything else 'readable' should be graphical/background/decoration
- Too 'image' intensive; i.e. I'm (currently) imagining it more stylistic rather than detailed
- The domain itself on the card nor focus on the domain name in the email address; I'll add the link to the domain in the QR Code if I need it.