Logo image of a train needed for children’s t-shirts and possibly other children’s items to be sold in a park gift shop.
We are also holding a contest for a train logo for adults’ t-shirts if you are interested. We encourage designers to make designs for both because we would like to have some consistency.
Hermann Park Railroad
- Background info: A miniature train runs through a large, historic urban park in Houston, Texas, and is a popular attraction for visitors, young and old.
- Photo: The train looks like the one in this photo, but where there is light blue, our train is the more royal blue color. (In other words, our train is two-color, not three like in the photo.)http://www.chancemorgan.com/graphics/chanpics/cptrainbig.jpg
- Target audience: Children
- Where it will appear: On items to be sold in the Park gift shop. Should definitely work for t-shirts, but also translate for other children’s items such as cups, reusable lunch bags, etc.
- It's for kids, but the design doesn't need to be childish looking.
- Train should be on a track.
- Should appear with the words “Hermann Park Railroad”. Please use Trajan font, like in our organization's logo. To see it, please go to: http://www.hermannpark.org/images/hpc_logo.jpg
- It would be great to incorporate the leaf from our logo or include it in the text portion of the graphic. We would like to maintain some consistency with our main logo.
- Train should be blue and red, like in the image.
- May appear with people riding the train, or empty – don’t have a preference. If there are people on the train, they should be ethnically diverse - our park draws people of all backgrounds (primarily Caucasian, African American, and Latino).
- May look like a cartoon.
- Should look OK when put on different color shirts, including pink.
- Because we are a park organization, it could be nice to incorporate the concept of "green" (as in environment, not necessarily color).
- Must be in vector format.
- Something too abstract for a child to understand that it's a train.
- A train that doesn't look enough like our train.
- Smoke/steam coming out of the engine.
- Too childish.