We're a business looking to launch a domain registration brand, solely for low-cost, reliable and dependable domain services.
Everyone... but to be more specific, the site needs to appeal to the home user as well as the business user.
We have a requirement for:
- Global Header which should have some form of domain checker box where user can enter xxxxx.com. No check boxes to select suffix. Maybe a phone number. Possibly some links/buttons/navbar like Home/About/Manage - unsure and open to ideas.
- Global Footer which can have some text nav. Normally this is quite a chunky area. Copyright notice. Terms link. etc
No specific branding so "Domains GB" just made part of the header integral to the design.
Things to consider:
- Place for social integration (Facebook/Twitter like buttons)
- Rounded corners
- Funky/fresh feel
- Cool colours, light blues/greens etc
- Centered page for 1024 width.
Things to avoid:
- Very dark layouts
- White backgrounds (nice to have some colour, even if lighter shades)
Stock Images - If not included please indicate where to source
Fonts - If not included please indicate where to source
Home - Would welcome users and possibly list special offers with .coms/.nets etc using registry graphics. Maybe have some focus on being a UK company, good support etc.
Sub-page will be a basis that we can work our pages on. Ideally have a sample table layout. A menu on the left / right hand side. Text sub-header for breaking up blocks of text.
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ - colours are a bit too "in your face" but the idea of pricing/offers is good.
http://www.ukreg.com/ - colour scheme isn't great.
http://www.lcn.com/domain_names - basic page is good. 6 bullet icons and pricing underneath. footer also interesting
http://ecocard.me/ - love the cloud colour scheme/idea. pricing layout is also very good.