We will be actively monitoring this contest. We will be giving lots of feedback, afterall, it is in our best interest to help guide you to what we want.
We are flexible on payment methods. If you require a method not listed let usknow.
All necessary graphics and mock ups are available in a zip file at http://www.signsus.com/zipfordesigners.zip
This project is primarily for the design. Getting the best overall design is our primary goal.
However, those with coding capabilities are encouraged tolet us know additional costs. Codingmust be tableless CSS with div elements.
Small business ownersand professionals is a large part of our business. However, we also serve;
- “Corporate America” - Large Fortune 500 companies
- Schools – Both public & private
- State & Federal Government Agencies
- Military Bases
- Charities and other Non-Profit OrganizationsCustomer Service
Although we have interactive, online sign design, pricingand ordering capabilities, our real “secret weapon” is our customer service.
- We provide an exceptional level of Personal Service.
- Instantly accessible through Live Chat, even after normal business hours
- Toll-Free Live Customer Support
- Remote, Live, Real-Time Design Sessions with our Graphic Designer
- Free Quotes
- Fast Turnaround
- Blah, blah, blah JObjective
A clean, highly professional, corporate looking website, but with a warm and friendly feel to it. “Corporate Casual”. Need Home page as well as 2 interiorpages.
Use of existing Logo
- You are encouraged to modify and enhance our logo, at your discretion, to go with the look and feel of the rest of the website. Since we are a sign company, I would prefer a look that has a 3-D appearance – Corporate, Classy – Perhaps even the look of glossy metal – not over the top – but distinctive.
Keep in mind that the “US” in our logo stands for United States. Tagline / Slogan forthe header
“Corporate Looks forSmall Businesses”
We have created crude mock-ups of the website.
- The page should be 900 - 1000 pixels in overall width.
- The overall background design should keep the standard widescreen monitor screen resolutions in mind.
- Page will NOT dynamically resize though to fit widescreen monitors
- This should be an original design – not based on a stock template which often have an “artificial look”.
- We are NOT looking for a Web 2.0 style because we don’t want the website to have an outdated look in 1-2 years.
A “soft touch” of the Web 2.0 design style can be used though. Subtle highlights, gradients, etc, that would support the “Corporate Casual” look and feel of the website are fine.
- The basic, two-column structure of the website should remain the same.
- The column needs to stay on the right hand side of the page
- Please provide design recommendations for this right hand column – You have flexibility to play with the width
- All graphics used for mock ups are placeholders ONLY. DO NOT USE THESE AWFUL GRAPHICS. Please use your own design skills and creativity to get the ideas across.
- Photos of signs on “Aluminum” Page are our photos. These kinds of photos will be supplied by us for use on other interior product pages
- Line length of main text on page should be no longer than 14 words wide using 10 point Verdana. Headlines are 16 point Verdana.- Our company uses our H1 tag to promote key phrases that relate to our site. This is for search engine purposes.
We do have it visible at the top of each page, however we use a smaller font than most people think of a H1 being. We typically choose 8 or 10 pt for the font. We want this to continue. You can see examples at two of our sites
We encourage you to show us how we could use this same technique but incorporate it into the design instead of having it look out of place.The website that has the closest overall quality appearance I’m looking for;
The overall look and quality of our website should be asgood or better.
Website that has a warm, friendly “corporate casual” feel
One of the most professional looking sign websites I’ve seen. Alittle too “cold” and impersonal to me. Cold colors. It’s not warm andfriendly.
http://bestbuysigns.net - Ideally,our website design should “beat” this one for overall look and feel
The biggest sign franchise in the world
Our number 1 onlinecompetitor