Different markets, different customers. We really need a very neutral type of template, no theme-oriented look.
Examples of templates and what we like or don't like to give a general idea of what we want:
(Note: the only modifiable area for design on eBay is under "item description".) Here is the eBay item #'s for various seller's items samples:
- Sections are well defined with use of simple non-invasive borders / light background color changes
- Meshes well with the look of ebay instead of looking out of place
- Header is very simple yet remains striking and concise
- Cross selling boxes on the left side are a bit too invasive and take away from the main product.
- Simple and efficient
- Section well defined and directs the reader's attention well onto them
- Clean cross-selling section.
- Could be more organized and attractive looking
What we really mean by "ergonomic and sleek":
- Everything looks very clean and has a purpose
- Plays with fonts alot (different sizes, common font types) to differenciate sections / informations
- Excellent integration of: images, icons, text.
Other examples in "comments" of this contest.