CREATIVITY – this is your time to think outside the box!
• The winning designer will need to design the following 5 supbages:
1. Who we are (overview of TR2 Events)
2. What we do (this supbages will consist of 5 sub headers which will each have their own page: Registration, Content & Speaker, Logistics & Operations, Exhibit and Sponsorship, Marketing)
3. Portfolio (this will be a photo gallery of websites, logos, branding materials, and case studies)
5. Contact Us
• We do not envision having a lot of copy and for the most part; the site will only be updated about 3 – 4 times a year and mostly in the “events/news” sub page.
• We want a classy, elegant, yet very modern and sophisticated site. Please take note of the logo - we love it and would like the look and feel of it to set the tone of the site.
• If flash can be incorporated throughout great as we tend to like sites that have incorporated flash. If not, that is ok as well.
• Navigation must be consistent in behavior across all pages.
• TR2 Logo must be prominently displayed on all page, especially the homepage
• Site should be both Mac and PC compatible
• We like black, white, off white and green as the basic colors. If you were to add another color, perhaps a dark red. The logo was designed on this site and can be referenced by contest number 11026 .
• Fonts: something easy to read and web safe – nothing in the site should be cartoonish. Again, something more elegant would be ideal.
• Sites that we love which are also are competitors are http://www.gpj.com (love the simplicity and use of the green throughout) and http://www.hbstubbs.com
• As for graphics – please think outside the box. This contest is guaranteed at a higher than most contests - we expect creativity, so do not ask for samples of pictures that we like - that is what we are paying you for. If we give you the type of pictures we want, then we would have priced the contest at 1k instead. We are so tired of seeing the obligatory handshake and business stock photos – boring. If you can find istock.com or reasonable photos (which will we pay) that are of event, or tradeshows or registration lines, great. But again, let your creativity flow and again, please no handshake stock photos….did we say that those are boring.
• A note about the coding, this site will NOT be a complicated database-driven site, however, depending upon your design, may uses flash elements extensively throughout
SOME SAMPLE SITES THAT WE LIKE:
http://www.oeg-inc.com/ - I like the use of the boxes and how the different types of event keep rotating – REALLY like that. And btw, we do same types of event: product launches; trade shows, board meetings, themed events, corporate sales meetings, executive retreats, corporate events, destination management, press events, etc… What I don’t like is that the photos seem a bit random and not as related to the events industry as I would like. At first glance, I think it is a furniture rental company.
We would also ask that if you are selected as a finalist to provide 2 samples - one with the flash elements, and one without.
http://www.jlpevents.com/flash.html - I like the simplicity and the fonts
http://www.cornerstoneav.com/ - I like the colors and simplicity
http://www.gpj.com/html/company.asp - like the colors and again, how it seems simple