We are a group of management consultants who have joined together to apply our significant experience in customer strategy, CRM and business improvement to an emerging market in Higher Education.
Higher Education i.e. Universities have traditionally been heavily regulated and government funded therefore have not need to compete with each other. They have operated in a market where the suppliers (universities) have the power. With the deregulation of the market in 2011 the customer (i.e. students) will now have the power and the Universities will need to learn how to market to and recruit (i.e. sell) students in a professional and effective manner.
Currently few Universities have a sales & marketing, or customer focused culture or sklls, nor do they understand the impact of competition.
Our ambition is to provide the business experience/advice as well as processes and tools that will enable our University customers to compete in this new market environment.
The target audience for our business offering are senior executives (Chief Marketing Officers or Head of Student Recruitment) from Australia's Universities and other higher education institutions i.e. TAFE's, VET providers.
Higher Education is at times very traditional and even somewhat "anti corporate", therefore any design should be clean and professional but not over the top.
• Must appeal to the target audience
• Consistent site header/logo
• Consistent navigation area
• Informative page title that includes company/organisation/site name
• Page footer area – copyright, last update, contact email address
• Displays without horizontal scrolling at 1024 X 768 and higher resolutions
• Balance of text/graphics/white space on page
• Good contrast between text and background
• Repetitive information (header/logo/navigation) takes up no more than one-quarter to one-third of the top portion of the browser window
• Home page has compelling, interesting above the fold
• Home page downloads within 10 seconds on dial-up connection
This will involve a home page design, and other templates that will be used for other pages (which will will provide the content ourselves after the contest). The menus (and submenus) we envisage are as follows;
- For Senior Administrators
- For Marketing Executives
- For Recruitment Executives
Our Thinking & Impact
We have previously ran a logo contest, attached below, we would like you to use this in the design, but here are a few things to think about:
- We want to give the website a friendly easy to understand - "Wordpress" feel to it.
- Must be social media ready with home page links for popular social networks i.e. facebook, linkedin, twitter.
We will require a layered .psd file as the final product. Do not mind if you use stock images, but please make sure you declare it.
Some example sites of similar businesses whose websites we like are following;
Note that the brand name is edYOUcate not educate as the sample design may imply.