Como SGS1000 começou a jornada do(a) design de site
Como você é conhecido?
Conte para a gente quem é você e quem é seu público alvo
KnowAtlanta.com is a website which is visited by 2 types of people:
1. people moving to Atlanta, Georgia (USA) from other cities & states in the USA.
2. People already in the Atlanta, Georgia area looking to move to a different area of town or looking up information about an area (schools, hospitals for instance).
Qual o segmento que sua empresa está mais relacionado?
O que você tem em mente sobre o estilo e o tema doweb page?
The existing website is very stale and very much setup as a "static website" -- with the new site we want more interactivity through maps as well as a fresher "cleaner" website.
The existing site is crammed with stuff and doesn't help us sell advertising either. The new wireframe designs have multiple spots for banner advertising and sponsorship.
The colors should be darks with limited usage of red since it can glow on the monitor. Would rather only use "blues" like the existing website for accents instead.
KnowAtlanta is also magazine that is published quarterly and sent out to about 40,000 people each quarter so the "pictures" are great high resolution photos -- goal is to be able to bring those photos online too. Think about the website similar to a "blog" since it does have lots of articles and we also want to be more interactiveness through maps and details.
The "slider" on the homepage is a good spot for those great images.
Challenge is to bring enough "interactivity" for the "viewer" since it can become LOTS of copy quickly so we have to be conscious of that. With the amount of "content" (articles)
Descrição das páginas
1. Homepage (wireframe attached) - slider across the top with top page navigation. Three main featured articles and then different sub-sections in the 2 columns off to the right of the page.
2. single article page (wireframe attached) - for instance if someone clicked on one of the "featured articles" off the homepage then they would be viewing the full article. Wireframe page is 2 main columns with the article being wide enough to fit a "wide skyscraper" banner.
3. Advertiser Profile (wireframe attached) - this is where an advertiser (for instance a home builder) can show off their different communities on a map and have information about them. We did upload our wireframe of the "advertiser dashboard" (backend end detail/edit page for advertiser) and feel free to style it if you would like but it is ONLY OPTIONAL since we can do on our own too and 99D would only 5 pages so we picked most important.
4. County page (wireframe attached) - the wire frame shows the county as a "registration wall" since the user can't see everything until they fill out their details.
5. City Comparison page (no wireframe yet... coming soon) - this page will allow a user to select from a drop down menu of different cities in the USA to compare against Atlanta. Key thing we are wanting to do is diving up Atlanta, Georgia into a few different areas since "downtown" is FAR more expensive to live in comparison to out in the suburbs (30 miles outside of the city). We want to have multiple cities divided up into "rings" out from the "heart of the downtown area" where people can compare different "city rings" to Atlanta, Georgia's "city rings". Wireframe is coming soon for this.
O que evitar
there are elements wrapped around the existing homepage content that won't be used and has been purposely removed from the existing wireframes.
Quite a bit of "data/info" on the site so the goal is to keep the design clean looking ;o)
Top navigation will have separate sub-layers -- you can see the existing 2 layer navigation from the existing website. Would like to see a combination of "drop down menus" as well as a "Mega menu dropdown" could be nice for highlighting some of the "feature articles".
Nós encontramos alguns concursos semelhantes que você pode gostar