We are creating a new site for professionals in the digital media industry that provides digital media job advertisements, news and compelling feature content. It aims to be the premier provider of digital media jobs in the Australian market place.
A key objective of this website is to present clients’ job adverts to a targeted, highly qualified and active audience and provide optimum application conversion for advertisers.
We need to present a new, inspiring, edgy, smart way for companies and new staff to connect. We want a sense of community through the feature articles so users want to come back regularly.
The current key players in this market do so in a clinical, impersonal manner. We want to offer a new alternative. With personality!
1. Men and women, ages 22-45, earning over $80K
2. About 60% male 40% female
3. Digital media professionals – e.g. web designers, web producers, tech developers, editorial staff, executives, marketing, mobile, journalists, digital advertising agency staff
4. Employers of digital media staff, IT and mobile
Look and feel:
This is one important aspect that can really set us apart from our competitors who either have very ‘clinical’ or very cluttered looks.
We like the idea of:-
- ‘modern industrial café’ / wine bar e.g. http://www.timeoutsydney.com.au/ven…-vini.aspx
- or modern art gallery meets café e.g. http://www.2danksstreet.com.au/
- and finding a clever, but not clichéd way of playing on the name “Digital Café” too.
Think exposed bricks, steel, glass, timber beams, clever graffiti, with a polished urban edge. It has to feel like your favourite inner city coffee shop / wine bar with a New York or London Soho vibe. Think “industry buzz”, “meeting place for digital media and mobile professionals”
Some key concepts we also like are the graffiti art of designers like
Think a bit grungy, and cool and NOT too corporate but very functional as its a NEWS and jobs site so can't be TOOO busy
Keep in mind we want personality, but design functionality is KEY. The site needs to be seamless in operation across a range of platforms.
Sites we like:
clean and crisp design
Sites doing similar (but we don’t necessarily dig their look)
Homepage and theme ie header that can be used throughout the rest of the site.
Logo provided, you just need to create an amazing homepage
See functional attachment and logos to use
no this is a BRAND new and exciting project hence we want the best !!!