Please see the current site for the basic content - though, besides reorganization, there are some elements that need to be added.
Some background on what the site shows:
1) There are a number of "Works" (e.g. Treasure Island, Alice in Wonderland, etc.) Currently only 6; potentially about 100.
2) For each Work, there are illustrated "Editions", identified by the artist and year. (Usually 10-20, but in some cases 50 or 60)
3) For each Edition, there are anywhere from 1 to 150 illustrations (most often 10-20).
4) The illustrations for a particular work are also assigned to "Scenes" (i.e parts of the book - e.g. Alice falling down the rabbit hole) to facilitate comparisons of how different illustrators depicted the same scene.
1) Home page - lists the Works available with links to the main page for each work. (Should also have space for a - very brief - "mission statement")
2) Page for a Work.
Should have three tabs: one listing Editions, one listing Scenes, and one with Background about the work (this might include a synopsis, some links to other sites, etc.)
The list of editions needs to be sortable by year of publication, by the name of artist, or by the number of illustrations.
The list of scenes needs to be sortable by title, by the ordinal number for the scene, or by the number of illustrations.
(They are sortable in the current site - click on the (now empty) headings
Note: the Background tab is not on the current site.
3) Page for an Edition of a Work.
Should have two tabs: one should provide a gallery of all illustrations in that edition; another should provide background for the edition (the publication details now shown in the list of Editions, as well as a biography of the artist, and, perhaps, some external links)
4) Page for a Scene - just a gallery of illustrations for that scene, from all Editions.
a) The galleries need not look exactly as they do now (now using Gallerific plugin); but I would expect a recommended plugin to provide whatever look you advise.
b) The images within a gallery need to be accompanied - as they are now - with:
- Scene link (using the title for the scene)
- link to Flickr
c) The design should include space for Amazon ads for the Works, Editions shown. I expect a variety of specific Amazon ad formats to be suggested.